Tuesday, October 24, 2006

No, Redwall isn't a real church

TheRedwallProject.org is just an exercise in dreaming out loud, with a ficticious church. But I do want to plant a real church. In the Ballard, Fremont, Phinney, Wallingford area of Seattle.

Want to weigh in on what a new church in Seattle should look like? Want to join a church plant? Already planting a church I should join? Let me know...

6 Comments:

Blogger zera project said...

Sam (Lee) says that he likes the description of the church, but wonders how it would really work. He also says that it feels like all the tension of the project is resolved. The website is full of answers and no questions.

Which makes me sad. Because I want to create a tension of "how could this come to life," and I want other people to step into that tension and dive in. But I totally see what he's saying, in that it feels like a finished project that doesn't need any outside input. Any input?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Zadok said...

Tucker,
I like it. I seriously read your bios and got all jealous--damn! how did Tucker find all these cool cats. I wanted to hang out with your music expressions guy. I too am doing some music expression. It will probably look like a monthly Vespers/Liturgy service at a Seattle theater. Would be interested in your thoughts as well.

http://urbanhymnal.blogspot.com

Thanks again for the invitation to your fake church. It sounds interesting and needed. I like the idea of bi-vocational non-pastors, who direct the community. The full-time pastor, attractional church model is busted indeed.
Zadok

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul and Tucker - I met you both @ the Missional Order gathering...I'm wondering how you "set up" the brochure booklet you made? did you do it on a specific program? could you possibly email me the format you used..as I told you, that format would work perfectly for what we are doing here in Idaho!

thanks,

robin dugall
rdugall@apu.edu

9:01 AM  
Blogger generaljacobson said...

I'm a high school student who stumbeled upon your site. I really like this idea. Since you got the idea from the Brian Jaques books you can agree with me that they teach christian morals in the books and tv shows. I really suggest you carry on with this, and mabey really create a church or Abbey named redwall.

9:02 AM  
Blogger generaljacobson said...

I think this is a wonderful idea, i really suggest you make a church or abbey based of this wonderful series. God bless!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I get in touch with you? I'm missing the email link somewhere. :)

Want to plant a church? Email me at kismetchic@email.com. On July 6th we're having a meeting about an Anglican church plant and I think a lot of the ideas you put forth would be an excellent inclusion.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home